2018 Spring Cleaning Challenge Week 4 Day 4
I apologize in advance for today's task.
Today is cleaning bathrooms day. I feel like I'm cheating a bit on this one, as we only have one bathroom. For those of you who have more than one; I'm sorry.
This is your final day for this week. Cleaning the bathroom from top to bottom can take a while, and if you have more than one, it will take that much longer. If you have multiple bathrooms and are low on time, give yourself a few days to complete these tasks.
At this point, if you have been following the schedule, some areas of your bathroom have already been done. Such as dusting, walls, baseboards and floors. All that’s left is the tub/shower, toilet, vanity and sink/counter.
You Will Need:
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Scrub brush
- Microfibre cloth x 3
- Cleaning paste
- Toilet brush
- Start by removing your shower curtain and liner and get them washing in the washing machine.
- Spray down (if you don’t have a sprayer use a bucket to dump water on the sides) the entire shower.
- Use your multi-purpose cleaning product of choice and spray down the shower and tub.
- Let it sit and pre-treat for a 5 minutes.
While the shower is pre-treating I start dusting my toilet with toilet paper. I know that sounds weird, but if I don’t dust it first, then when I’m cleaning it, I’m dragging dust all over the place.
- When the shower is ready, taking a scrub brush, start scrubbing top to bottom and right to left, paying close attention to any grout. If you need a bit more grit to remove any build up, create a baking soda paste with baking soda and vinegar or use the Norwex Cleaning Paste (I love this stuff!).
- Once the shower is scrubbed with the scrub brush, go over it again from top to bottom with the paste.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe down the taps, spout and shower head.
- Rinse well with hot water (spray or bucket method).
Sink & Counter:
- Spray your multi-purpose cleaner around the sink and counter and sprinkle a little baking soda in the sink.
- Wipe the counter down with a microfiber cloth, rinse and wipe again to remove any cleaner residue.
- Scrub the sink with the baking soda and microfibre cloth and rinse with hot water.
- With a damp microfibre cloth, wipe down your vanity; the front, sides, top to bottom, doors and nobs/handles.
- Wipe out your cupboards and drawers with a damp microfiber cloth.
- If you haven’t already dusted your toilet, do that now. Top, tank, seat, sides, base…the whole thing.
- Pre-treat inside of toilet with cleaner of choice and let it sit as you wash the rest of the toilet.
- With a microfiber cloth and spray of choice, wipe down the entire exterior of the toilet, including under and around the seat and lid.
- Using a toilet scrub brush, scrub the inside of the toilet. If you have hard water stains or hard water build up, you will need a deeper treatment to remove it. I have heard good things about pumice stone for toilets.
Week 4 started lightly and ended with the big job, but now it’s done! Yay!
Next week is our final week and I’m happy to say it’s going to be a lighter odds and ends week, finishing up the last few tasks or catching up.
You have just about completed your missions for this week! Great job!