2018 Spring Cleaning Challenge Week 2/Day 1
Who loves a clean kitchen?
Me, myself and I, that's who!! Personally, I find if the kitchen is clean I can ignore other messes a little easier and I feel like I'm ahead of the game.
This week, we are focusing on cleaning the kitchen. By the end of the week it will be in tip top shape.
Today we are starting with cleaning the fridge, top to bottom, inside and out.
Cleaning the fridge is a whole lot easier if it's not super full. The best time to clean your fridge is just before you need to go grocery shopping when the fridge is a little more bare.
You Will Need:
- Vacuum with soft brush attachment
- Microfibre cloth or two
- Unplug your fridge
- Unload everything out and place on the counter or in a cooler.
- Throw out anything past its prime.
- Remove drawers.
- Wipe the surrounding door seal.
- Starting on the top shelf, work your way down, washing everything with a damp cloth. Make sure to do the sides of the fridge as well.
- Vacuum any crumbs in the drawers or under the drawers and then wipe. The drawers can be washed in the sink with warm soapy water.
- Remove the baskets on the sides of the doors and wash those in the sink as well.
- Dry everything well.
- Wipe each item before placing back in the fridge.
- With your fridge unplugged, pull the fridge out to get behind it and vacuum the coils with a soft brush attachment on your hose.
- Wash any residue left on the coils with a microfiber cloth dampened with water.
- Wash the entire exterior with a cloth dampened with warm, soapy water.
Don’t forget to turn the fridge back on!
Ta da! All done!
The best way to maintain a clean fridge is to deep clean it like this at least once a year, and to quickly wipe it down between grocery trips.